[Scid-users] A new version of Scid is available
Werner Haas
2016-09-02 11:37:08 UTC
Thank you Fulvio.

The new version works great on my Slackware 14 machine.
It seems to react faster.

During the installation process I noticed, that the configure file in the
zip package is not executable (After chmod a+x I could easily ./configure,
make and make install).

All the best

Werner

2016-09-04 09:59:36 UTC
it has been years since I used Slackware, and after your e-mail, I decided to
install the latest version (14.2 32bit) and see how it's changed.
It was so nostalgic! First the setup told me to partition my hard drive with
fdisk and then to configure LILO! And startx...
Made me feel a little bit old, but it was fun.

About the execute permission of Scid's configure script, how did you
decompressed it?
Worked fine for me with:
unzip scid-4.6.4.zip
cd scid-4.6.4
./configure && make && ./scid

Bye,
Fulvio
Werner Haas
2016-09-04 17:03:48 UTC
Hi Fulvio,
Post by f***@libero.it
it has been years since I used Slackware, and after your e-mail, I decided to
install the latest version (14.2 32bit) and see how it's changed.
It was so nostalgic! First the setup told me to partition my hard drive with
fdisk and then to configure LILO! And startx...
Made me feel a little bit old, but it was fun.
About the execute permission of Scid's configure script, how did you
decompressed it?
I found the mistake I made. I was in Linux when I unzipped the file with
"unzip" but I did it on a NTFS harddisk. This seems to be the reason that
configure and some other files didn't get executable rights on my system.
Post by f***@libero.it
unzip scid-4.6.4.zip
cd scid-4.6.4
./configure && make && ./scid
I tested it again and it worked without any trouble on my EXT4 formatted
harddisk :-).

All the best

Werner