[Scid-users] Bind Ctrl-R to flip board
Igor Sosa Mayor
2016-11-30 19:44:03 UTC
Hi again,

if I do
grep -r bind * | grep 'Control-R'

on your code, I cannot see that the shortcut Ctrl-R is bound to
anything. Would be it possible to bind it to 'flip/rotate board'?

Or am I missing something?

Many thanks in advance.
--
:: Igor Sosa Mayor :: ***@gmail.com ::
:: GnuPG: 0x1C1E2890 :: http://www.gnupg.org/ ::

Fulvio
2016-12-01 08:42:22 UTC
Post by Igor Sosa Mayor
Hi again,
if I do
grep -r bind * | grep 'Control-R'
on your code, I cannot see that the shortcut Ctrl-R is bound to
anything. Would be it possible to bind it to 'flip/rotate board'?
Yes.
There is a file tcl/keyboard.tcl for keyboard shortcuts:
https://sourceforge.net/p/scid/code/ci/master/tree/tcl/keyboard.tcl#l84

The default key for rotating the board is "." (period), but you can
modify it to suit your preferences.
Just close and restart Scid to make a change effective (no need to
recompile).
Bye,
Fulvio

Igor Sosa Mayor
2016-12-01 09:19:48 UTC
Post by Fulvio
Post by Igor Sosa Mayor
Hi again,
if I do
grep -r bind * | grep 'Control-R'
on your code, I cannot see that the shortcut Ctrl-R is bound to
anything. Would be it possible to bind it to 'flip/rotate board'?
Yes.
https://sourceforge.net/p/scid/code/ci/master/tree/tcl/keyboard.tcl#l84
The default key for rotating the board is "." (period), but you can
modify it to suit your preferences.
Just close and restart Scid to make a change effective (no need to
recompile).
sorry for the noise... I searched for several combinations, but didnt'
think on toggleRotateBoard.

Thanks!