[Scid-users] Questions about annotating.
J. Wesley Cleveland
2016-12-08 02:27:13 UTC
I use scid to analyze games from my chess program and there are things I
haven't figured out how to do or don't work the way I would like. Let me go
through the steps I take.
1. I start scid 4.6.2.
2. I close the example database (I haven't done any configuration).
3. I import a PGN file into the clipbase. I found this confusing because,
after importing, the title bar still says game 0/0 until I click on Load
first game.
4. I click on start first engine (stockfish 7).
5. I click on the annotate button and select options. I would like some
other options:
a. an option to only annotate a player by name
b. an option to show annotations for every move, not just scores and
moves that are different from the move made in game
c. some way not to label a move a blunder if it could not change the
result, e.g. if stockfish rates the best move as -10 and the move made as
-12, it is not really a blunder.
6. After the annotations are done, I click on Database, but the Export all
Filter Games is greyed out. I open the example database, switch back to the
clipbase and now I can export the games. I do this so I can search for
blunders in a text editor. If there were an option to find annotation
symbols, I would not need to do this.

Any suggestions on how I can do this better?